Prepare your registration application with E-ZVisit

What is E-ZVisit ?

With E-ZVisit, you can simplify the process of applying for an original registration for a vehicle you acquired in a private (non-dealer) transfer. Complete and print a bar-coded application form online and bring it to the local motor vehicle office with your proofs, documents and payment.

Please Note: E-ZVisit is NOT a registration renewal transaction - it is an application for registering vehicles that have been purchased in a private sale. If you would like to renew your registration online please see the Online Services page.

The E-ZVisit printable form is created with Adobe® Acrobat. In order to print this form, Adobe® Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher is required. You can install it for FREE – Just click here for Adobe® Acrobat Reader and follow the instructions.



E-ZVisit can be used for Registering passenger vehicles and trucks that have been privately purchased. You must have:

You cannot use E-ZVisit if:

  • A NYS Driver License, Permit, or Non-Driver ID.
  • A NYS Certificate of Title for the vehicle you are registering.
  • A NYS Insurance Identification Card in the registrants name for the vehicle you are registering. The insurance card must have been issued within 180 days of the registration date.
  • If you are transferring plates from a vehicle that you already have registered to you, you will need the registration document from that vehicle.
  • To register your vehicle at the DMV office you will also need a completed DTF-802 Sales Tax form.
  • You do not have a Photo NYS Driver License, Permit, or Non Driver ID.
  • The vehicle was purchased from a dealer (NYS or Out of State).
  • The proof of ownership for the vehicle is NOT a NYS Certificate of Title.
  • The vehicle is being registered in the name of a corporate entity.
  • You are registering an older vehicle whose vehicle ID number consists of less than 17 digits.
  • You are registering an older vehicle whose ownership document is a transferable registration document.
  • This vehicle has been wrecked, destroyed or damaged to such an extent that the total estimate, or actual cost, of parts and labor to rebuild or reconstruct the vehicle to the condition it was in before an accident, and for legal operation on the road or highways, is more than 75% of the retail value of the vehicle.
  • If the registrant is different than the owner.

If you do not meet the requirements above, you may fill out and print a MV-82 Registration form.

Return to the DMV Home Page